Effective and pro-active woodland management maximises the long-term potential of wooded areas, whilst encouraging proper tree planting, maintenance planning and sustainability. We help clients to prepare woodland management plans in line with strategic objectives - ensuring budgets and grants are properly allocated, legal restrictions are fully understood and appropriate tree selection and planting schemes are chosen.
Steps to managing woodland depend largely on a client's long-term plans. Our experience in providing these services allows us to break this process down into a number of key areas, which include:
- Establishing strategic objectives and determining woodland priorities
- Undertaking a thorough survey of current woodland condition and creating an inventory
- Highlighting any constraints, restrictions or risks
- Developing a woodland management plan and required activities
- Implementing the woodland management plan, including
- tree selection
- planting scheme design
- measuring cost and tax deductions
- wildlife habitat improvements
- periodic condition reviews
- Monitoring and measuring the woodland management plan on an ongoing basis
We work with private woodland owners, estate managers, local authorities and conservation groups to help plan and deliver relevant woodland management plans and activities. For further information on our woodland management services or to discuss your requirements contact us.
Call Andrew Jenkins, Managing Director, on:
0131 445 8652
If you require help urgently, you can contact us on 07770 314 818.
Office HoursMon-Fri 8am to 4pm
Frontier Forestry Ltd